I got a call the other day from a real estate agent in Florida. His question: should I bother making real estate videos for my lower end listings?
I used to get questions from real estate agents like “should I use video?”, I don’t get those so much anymore which tells me the real estate community is FINALLY catching on regarding video and how important it is for any business but especially real estate.
What I told him and what I will tell you is YES! You should make a video for every one of your listings.
I’m not sure where it came from but for some reason there is this notion that video is only for LUXURY properties. I’ve shot my share of luxury properties, from Scottsdale to Paradise Valley, Cave Creek to Chandler. If I helped to further that myth, I apologize, but nothing could be further from the truth. Video should be used on ALL of your real estate listings.
It used to be good enough to just “do” video. Those days are over. Now your videos need to have some VALUE for the consumer. What a property looks like, what a property FEELS like, the floor plan are all of value- to the consumer.
If I was a real estate agent I would make a video for EVERY listing, regardless of price. And here’s why…
9 Reasons Why Real Estate Agents Should Make A Video For EVERY Listing
- IMAGINE THAT. Regardless of the price range, the video will help a buyer mentally move into the property which will increase the likelihood of a showing and ultimately a sale
- INCREASED VISIBILITY. The video will increase the likelihood of not just the home but MYSELF of getting found online. Video is 57 times more likely to appear on page 1 of Google compared to text alone
- COMPETITION. Video will help me compete with 3rd party aggregators like Z.T.R. Ya know, those HUGE websites that steal your traffic and your leads? Well they don’t really have an answer for video. Not good video anyway. (those templates with the same old distant voice ain’t cutting it)
- STAND OUT. Video will differentiate me from my competition. Let the other guys do their standard postcards and flyers, sports schedules and door hangers – while I may do them as well, they will all point the consumer to the video on my website!
- PERSONABLE. Video will help me appear as more of a PERSON instead of a SALES PERSON. People do business with people they LIKE and TRUST and that is what video can do because the consumer can SEE my body language. They can SEE that I know your stuff. That I are passionate about the home and my business.
- BRANDING. Video helps me build my personal brand.
- SPEED. Because video is FAST, I can convey more information in a shorter period of time, keeping the consumer engaged
- WEBSITE TRAFFIC. Video will rank my website faster. Google LOVES video. The more videos I have in my website the more traffic Google can send to them.
- EMOTIONS. Video uses more of our emotions. Emotions are imperative in any sales process. Haven’t you noticed all these retailers trying to appeal to us through our desire to be someone else? Like someone else?
And all of these reasons have absolutely nothing to do with price. Take a look at the videos below. One is for a multi million dollar property in N Scottsdale and the other is for a home below $190,000 in Gilbert
Now, answer the following questions.
Scottsdale Home -
Was the drive way long or short?
Are the doors iron or wood?
Are the floors wood or tile?
Is there a pool and spa?
is there a view? Of what?
What color are the appliances?
What color is the house?
Is the kitchen on the left or right upon entry?
Are the floors tile or carpet?
Are the appliances white or stainless?
The fact that you can answer any of these questions proves my point.
The real estate agents that are using video in their business CORRECTLY are killing it. They are walking out of listing appointments victorious, even in the face of better known agents. They are getting found online. Their phones are ringing. Don’t think you can shoot videos like the ones above? You can. And I can show you through the Video For Real Estate Agents course. 72 video s (and counting) on everything you need to know to kill it – yourself.